23 October 2020
London Fashion Fund – Second Round of Investment Now Open
The London Fashion Fund seeks to build a portfolio of diverse, forward-thinking and high-growth start-ups that will shape the future of the fashion industry.
It aims to enhance pathways for businesses to access complementary finance, follow-on funding & support with business success measure.
The London Fashion Fund is calling all fashion SMEs looking to take their business to the next level and lead the way in sustainability, innovation or social impact, with an interested in: bioscience fashion materials, virtual fashion and original design supported by sustainable production.
The fund offers convertible loans typically between £25k – £50k; start-ups will also need to attract private co-investment.
The fund will assess fashion & fashion-tech businesses across 5 core elements:
- Fashion related – must be working across one aspect of the fashion supply chain, from design to manufacture, supply chain, or retail.
- Early-stage growth – should be 2 to 3 years in operation, with at least one tenured member of staff, and ideally progressing from an incubator or accelerator.
- Market traction – must have a clear USP (Unique Selling Point), be innovative & globally minded, and demonstrate traction or growth.
- Ready to scale – seeking investment in order to scale, e.g. for new market entry, growing the team, and commercial manufacturing
- Socially responsible – core business strategy includes financial, social and sustainable values.
You can find more information here.
Deadline for expressions of interest is 6 November 2020.